At the Gov Workshop, there was lots to discuss. Existing and upcoming proposals, Internal and External DAO structures, Attack vectors and potential mitigation, and ways to measure consensus.
Key Discussion Points:
Review of Existing Proposals
Previewed upcoming Treasury and organizational proposals
- Discretion over claimable assets accrued by the DAO
- Extension of KIP-21
- Q3 Labs Budget
- Managing existing Treasury positions
Reviewed recent governance developments at MakerDAO and potential lessons for Rook
- Competing structural ideas for Maker
- Importance of a Charter/Constitution as a Northstar.
Looking inward towards our own DAO
- Reviewed recent discussions around governance v.2 and changes to the forum.
- Launched community discussion around establishing standards that clarify transition from one step of the process to the next, including establishing timelines and moving proposals from the forum to Sophon review.
- Multiple options were discussed, new options were brought to the table, and discussion will continue in the coming weeks to gather input from all community members. Open issues include:
- How should community consensus be measured?
- How can intent be measured?
- What is the clear step for the author to trigger the next step?